I feel the pain going through the internet with regards to our Touchpad and stalling with the latest SW.
Credit where credit is due, you can see a list in the DL suite.
I decided to make a file suite to make this easier.
Download the Suite here: http://www.multiupload.com/9SLRPWIX5J
Download WebOS Doctor here: http://ws.hpwebos.com/webosdoctor
If your file system stops getting recognized by the Computer while in Android or WebOS, you are still messed up either way. You will have to do this eventually.
1st Method (just noticed SD issues):
1. Back-up using Clockwork mod and export using Wifi or Bluetooth to your computer.
2. Moboot back into WebOS Settings -> Device Info -> Reset Options -> Full Wipe
3. After the Wipe, Run WebOS Doctor.
2nd Method (8-12%):
1. Download the suite above
2. Install the Novacom Universal Drivers.
3. Move the Novaterm.exe and the TerminalControl.dll to C:\Program files (x86)\HP WebOS\SDK\bin after installing the novacom drivers.
4. Put the TP in Recovery mode (holding down power and vol+ at power-up)
5. Run WebOS Doctor and wait for it to stall at 12%
6. Open your command window and cd to the folder location of the ACMEInstaller
7. Run this in the command window: novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller
8. When you see the ACMEInstaller stall and say that LVM failed, reboot by holding down power and home (the installer will force re-partition your device so webOS doc knows its not OK)
9. Boot back into recovery mode
10. Boot up WebOS Doctor and wait for the stall.
11. Open the command window again back to where the ACMEInstaller and other files are.
12. Run ” novacom boot mem:// < nova-installer-image-topaz.uImage “
13. Once it reboots, put back into recovery mode.
14. For windows users: run command “novacom -t open tty://” *Now you are in the root!* Others just use “novaterm”.
15. Run each of these commands individually: “lvm.static vgscan –ignorelockingfailure” ,”lvm.static vgchange -ay –ignorelockingfailure”, and “mkdosfs -f 1 -s 64 /dev/store/media”
*IF YOUR DEVICE DYING AT 8%, You may want to use the fix_dos_fs.sh built in to completely repartition and reformat the disk before using the “mkdosfs” command. *
16. Reboot the device into recovery mode and Start up WebOS doctor and watch it work!
*If your device is still having trouble connecting over USB,but boots…RUN METHOD 1. That should fix it.*