Meet Wet Andy, a UNIVERSAL splash screen tool.
Yes, you heard right, this is a tool that can take any standard image (jpg, png, bmp), convert it to the exact screen size of your device, and flash it to your device.
Custom splash screens have never been easier! It will work with API7 through API15 without issue (on the 8 different devices I tested). This is a self-contained package, no installers, and can be used from a flash drive with no additional downloads required. All the tools are right there!
1. Connect your Device and enable USB Debugging. Start the “Wet Andy” program by clicking it.
2. Hit the “TEST ADB” button, it will tell you if your device is connected. (output can be seen as ADBTEST.txt in the folder)
3. Hit “PICK” and you must pick an image file that is JPG, BMP, or PNG using the file chooser.
4. Hit “CONVERT”, you will not see the progress on screen, but when you see your image, display.txt, and splash.img in the program folder it has worked!
* This program auto converts the image to the size of your screen, so you can use any image. If your phone does not display its screen size in the props, the default is 480×800
5. Close the program. (ffmpeg has something weord where it keeps going, but don’t worry as it WORKED.
6. Restart the program and “TEST ADB”
7. Once you see it is connected, hit “Install”
* The phone will freeze, then reboot into the bootloader. From there, it will do the install.
* Once you see the screen go blank and the program show “Installing”, it has installed and is rebooting
* You will see the new image as it boots!
TO REUSE AND FLASH ANOTHER IMAGE TO THE SPLASH, DELETE THE SPLASH.IMG !!!!
NOTICE: BY USING THIS PROGRAM, YOU AGREE TO THE RIGHTS AND PRIVILAGES OF GOOGLE AND THEIR SDK TOOLS